So excited that is Fashion Week season. Tomorrow the runway gets real again in Toronto. Toronto Fashion Week (TFW) goes from Feb. 5 to Feb. 8, 2018, and will take place in Yorkville, Toronto’s most prestigious luxury retail neighbourhood.
TFW will not only showcase amazing designers, but there will also be fashion talks where industry leaders share their knowledge and experience.
The designer lineup is amazing and can´t wait to see their new collections. I am definitely going to try to attend all the shows. Narces, Christopher Bates, Tara Rivas, Hillary MacMillan and Hendrixroe are among my favorite!
What to wear to Fashion Week? I’ve got you covered!
This is probably a question on everyone´s mind. Don´t stress – I know it can be intimidating! It´s good to dress the part, but the best thing is feeling comfortable and confident in your skin, so my advise is to stay true to your personal style. You will see all kind of different styles at Fashion Week, there is no right or wrong, so if you’ve dying for a while to try a different look and didn’t know where to wear it, this is your chance to show the world! Do not feel the pressure to conform to the norm.
Here are a few pieces that you can add to your own outfit and look like a real IT girl:
- A statement scaf: must –have accessory, specially with all the snow we are getting lately in Toronto. Burberry checks scarves and puffer scarves look super fashionable.
- A faux fur coat: They are the definition of glamour (at least in my head!)! They are super warm and cozy, and a perfect and easy statement piece. Try wearing an all black outfit and throw on a faux fur coat with a big bun… you will look so classy. You can also give your outfit a more sporty look by wearing sneakers. Love the mix of classy with sporty!
- A cool-girl tee: This will give you a chic laid back look. You can throw on a blazer to dress up the outfit. Tees look also amazing with a moto jacket over it and pencil skirts. You can also throw in some sporty or tomboy elements if skirts aren’t your thing.
- Stand-out sunglasses: Even if it´s February a pair of sunnies to go in will make you look like a total IT girl “no cameras please”.
- Metallic boots: This is an excellent way to brighten up your warm winter. They are such a statement.
- A beret: Not only will keep you warmer but will make you look more stylish and interesting.
- Sparkle earrings: Put your hair up in a laid back ponytail and brighen up your look easily with statement sparkly earrings.
If you are still unsure of what to wear to fashion week…. Black never fails and will make you look sophisticated. Pair your black outfit with a nice blazer or moto jacket and a nice pair of booties and you are all set. But remember don´t be afraid to be yourself, be confident and have fun!
If you are going to Toronto Fashion Week, I will see you there! I am so excited!
Follow along on my Instagram for the shows and behind the scenes of Toronto Fashion Week!